Hebert Marcus Elementary School
|School Colors: Royal Blue and White
School Mascot: Mustang
Herbert Marcus Elementary School is one of the four elementary schools that fed the W. T. White Class of 1970. The school is located at 2911 Northaven Road and was named for Herbert Marcus (1878-1950).
Marcus was established because of increasing growth in the area. Students from E. L. DeGolyer Elementary living west of Webbs Chapel Road were transferred to this school with the grades 1-3 being transferred in the spring term of 1963 and the remaining grades in the fall term of 1963. However, everyone was rejoined with their old DeGolyer classmates when they went to 7th grade at T. C. Marsh Junior High. Members of the first graduating class of Herbert Marcus (Sixth Grade Class of 1964) were eventually members of the W. T. White Class of 1970.