Harry C. Withers Elementary School

Withers building Withers logo

School Colors: Red and Black (then)
                        Purple and White (now)

School Mascot: Warriors (then)
                         Wildcats (now)

Harry C. Withers Elementary School is one of the four elementary schools that fed the W. T. White Class of 1970. The school is located at 3959 Northaven Road. It is named after Harry Clay Withers (1880-1959), a distinguished North Texas journalist and community leader.

Withers was established because of the increasing growth in the area. Students from Walnut Hill Elementary north of Royal Lane and those from E. L. DeGolyer Elementary living east of Marsh Lane were transferred to this new school in the fall term of 1961. The DeGolyer transferees was rejoined with their old DeGolyer classmates when they went to 7th grade at T. C. Marsh Junior High. Members of the first fourth grade class at Withers (Fourth Grade Class of 1962) were eventually members of the W. T. White Class of 1970.

Do You Remember?
Withers Teachers
Withers Alumni
Other Grade School Photos (1959-1964)

Official DISD Withers Elementary School Website
Street Map of Area Surrounding Withers