Warren Travis White High School
School Colors: Texas Orange and White
School Mascot: Longhorn
Warren Travis White High School was built in 1964 and took in students from Thomas Jefferson High School that lived north of Royal Lane. The first graduating class was the Class of 1966. The school is located at 4505 Ridgeside Drive. It was named after Warren Travis White (1895-1987), superintendent of the Dallas Independent School District and an alumni of The University of Texas (hence the school mascot and colors).
The eventual WTW Class of 1970 had attended T. C. Marsh Junior High (opened 1963) and the following elementary schools: Cabell (opened 1958), DeGolyer (opened 1959), Marcus (opened 1963), and Withers (opened 1961). Today (2011-2012), W. T. White High School is fed by T. C. Marsh Junior High and Walker Junior High (opened 1974) and includes the following elementary schools: N. Adams (opened 1969), G. H. W. Bush (opened 2011), Cabell, Calliet (formerly in TJ zone), Gooch (opened 1965), Junkins (opened 2006), DeGolyer, Marcus, and Withers. Today's attendance zone map (from 2011) looks very different from that in 1970.